Huron County offers many opportunities for you to improve your health and fitness. In addition to our many walking and hiking trails and coastal parks and beaches, there are a number of local businesses that offer opportunities for you to stretch your legs and get your heart pumping. No matter where you live, or vacation, chances are there is a place nearby.
Check out this list of fitness centers, dance studios, and yoga and pilates studios in Huron County.
Fitness Centers & Gyms
Bad Axe Club Fitness
- Location: 123 N. Port Crescent, Bad Axe
- Phone: (989) 269-7398
- Hours: Open 24 Hours for Members (Staffed Hours: 12 pm to 6 pm Monday through Friday)
- Website: badaxeclubfitness.com
Here are a few current opportunities to help you improve your health at Bad Axe Club Fitness:
- 12 month gym membership for $29.99 a month; a 12 month gym membership plus unlimited massage chair for $34.99 a month; and a 12 month gym membership plus unlimited massage chair and unlimited tanning for $44.99 a month.
- Fitness class sessions. This January, we have 6-7 different classes in the session. They run for 10 weeks, and each class has a different calendar.
Brand new to Bad Axe Club Fitness, we are now proud partners with SilverSneakers!
SilverSneakers is a health and wellness program created to benefit older adults. There are more than 14.5 million adults who are eligible for the SilverSneakers benefit program through the nations leading Medicare Advantage health plans.
For those adults that are 65 years older and eligible, SilverSneakers is available to its members at NO COST! This means free gym membership and classes. Stop in & we can check to find out if you are SilverSneakers eligible!
Want to learn more about Bad Axe Club Fitness? You're welcome to swing by and get a tour of the facilities or talk with one of their instructors in person.
- Location: 123 Scott Street, Bad Axe
- Phone: (989) 269-6563 or (989) 550-0377
- Hours: Members have access 5 am to 10 pm, 7 days a week
- Website: completefitnessbadaxe.com
Complete Fitness offers a variety of fitness machines and weights including: cardio, elliptical, machine weights, free weights, treadmills, steppers, climbers, cycles, and cross trainers. To learn more about the fitness center and to start a membership, call.
Fitness Center at Harbor Beach Community School
- Location: 402 S. 5th Street, Harbor Beach (Fitness center is located in the southeast wing of the high school)
- Phone: (989) 479-3261
- Hours: Open 3:00 pm to 8 pm
- Website: hbpirates.org
Although Harbor Beach doesn’t currently have a 24 hour fitness center, the fitness center at the school offers an excellent workout experience. There are treadmills, an elliptical machine, bikes, free weights, and a number of other controlled weight machines available to use. Another great feature of the Harbor Beach Fitness Center is the indoor walking/running track. For personal training and fitness nutrition consultations, contact Stefani Schelke at Revive Personal Training.
Sandy Shores Wellness Center
- Location: 7925 Crescent Beach Road, Pigeon
- Phone: (989) 856-3004
- Hours: Monday to Friday 6 am to 8 pm; Saturday 7 am to 12 pm; Sunday 12 pm to 4 pm
- Website: scheurer.org
Sandy Shores has recently been renovated and now offers a wide range of fitness equipment, group fitness classes, and a heated, public pool as well as a sauna and hot tub. The fitness center is fully staffed to help you meet your fitness goals. Currently, they offer a wide range of group classes. See below for details.
- Pilates - Mondays from 5:30 pm to 6:15 pm; Cost is $5
- Low Intensity Water Aerobics - Mondays & Wednesdays from 9 am to 10 am; Cost is $6
- Senior Strength - Tuesdays from 10 am to 10:45 am; Cost is $5
- High Intensity Water Aerobics - Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9 am to 9:45 am; Cost is $5
- Tabata - Wednesdays from 6 pm to 7 pm; Cost is $6
- High Cardio Dance - Thursdays from 6 pm to 7 pm; Cost is $6
- Stick Stretch - Thursdays from 10 am to 10:45 am; Cost is $5
- Yoga - Saturdays (no class January 27th) from 8 am to 9 pm; Cost is $6
Anchor Fitness Center
- Location: 8265 N. Van Dyke Rd, Suite 3, Port Austin
- Phone: (989) 738-6425
- Website: anchorfitness247.com
Anchor Fitness Center is a new workout & fitness center in Port Austin located a 1/2 mile south of Port Austin on M-53 next to Schillinger & Schillinger Insurance. Members have access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with paid membership. Vacationers and visitors are welcome!
Outdoor Fitness Park at Veterans Waterfront Park
- Location: 98-158 W Spring St, Port Austin
For those who’d like an outdoor fitness experience, the Outdoor Fitness Park at Veterans Waterfront Park in Port Austin will be a great alternative to the indoor gym scene. New fitness equipment and durable outdoor workout stations will be added this spring and summer. Visit portaustinarea.com for more information.
Sebewaing Health Center
- Location: 618 Unionville Road
- Phone: (989) 883-2617
- Hours: Monday - Thursday from 4 pm to 8 pm and Friday from 1 pm to 4 pm; see below for more details
- Website: scheurer.org/services-sebewaing-health-center
Sebewaing Health Center is an extension of Scheurer Healthcare Network and offers a fitness center in addition to other medical services. Members of the community are welcome to utilize the facility during the fitness center hours. October through April the fitness center is open Monday through Thursday from 4pm to 8pm and Friday 1pm to 4pm. For additional hours throughout the year, click here. The center has elliptical machines, treadmills, exercise bikes, multi-weight unit, rowing machine, stepper, total gym, stepper, and upper body cycle.
Ubly Family Fitness
- Location: 2201 Main Street, Ubly
- Phone: (989) 658-8510
- Hours: 24 hour access for members; Sign-up 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at Laurie Messing CPA
- Website: ublyfamilyfitness.com
Ubly Family Fitness offers a variety of options to help you get fit and healthy. Their facility includes treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, and rowing equipment in addition to strength training devices such as a chest press, leg lift, leg curl, bicep curl, and tricep extension as well as free weights. Beyond this, Ubly Family Fitness offers an infrared sauna, tanner, and fitness classes are offered by Sarah Franzel.
Sherry’s Dance & Gymnastics Studio
- Location: 309 N Outer Drive, Bad Axe & 42 Main Street, Pigeon
- Phone: (989) 856-2174
- Website: sherrysdance.wixsite.com
Sherry’s Dance & Gymnastics Studio offers two locations and a variety of different dance and gymnastics classes for kids and people of all ages. Classes tend to run from September through April and end with an optional recital. All skill levels are welcome to participate!
Step It Up Dance Studio
- Location: 281 E Huron Ave, Bad Axe & P.O. Box 574, Pigeon
- Phone: (989) 225-2173
- Website: stepitupstudio.net
Step It Up Dance Studio offers two locations and a variety dance classes as well as tumbling. There’s a class for everyone and every skill level.
Yoga & Pilates
Pure Yoga Fit
- Location: 216 E Woodworth, Bad Axe
- Phone: (989) 574-5746
- Website: pureyogafit.net
Pure Yoga Fit offers both beginner and intermediate yoga and pilates classes for everyone. The studio is located in the First United Methodist Church of Bad Axe and their community based instructors will come to you!
Bendz Yoga Studio
- Location: 7335 Michigan Avenue, Pigeon
- Phone: (989) 977-0137
- Website: strandz2005.wixsite.com/bendzyoga-studio
Bendz Yoga Studio offers a number of yoga classes for all skill levels and will provide private and semi-private classes also.
- Location: 73 West Spring Street, Port Austin
Pilates Revolution in Port Austin offers pilates and yoga classes in addition to other services for all skill levels.
Thanks for reading!
If you know of another opportunity for people to get fit in Huron County, please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we can see about adding it to the article.