Get out and enjoy a winter event or festival in Huron County! There's so much to do, you won't know how to choose.
This list is in order of occurrence for your planning convenience.
Rotary Winter Wine Fest | Bad Axe
- Thursday, February 2nd at the Franklin Inn in Bad Axe
- Wine & Beer Tasting from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Artisian cheese, wine, and dessert
- Proceeds support community projects
- Tickets are $25 and are available at Lundy Financial Services, Smith Distributing, Thumb Cellular, Thumb National Bank, Salon 302, or contact a Rotarian. For more information call, (989) 269-8649
- Check out Rotary Club of Bad Axe on Facebook
Valentine's Dinner & Dance | Bad Axe
- Saturday, February 11th at the Ubly Fox Hunter's Club
- Catered dinner served from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Dancing 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Sponsored by the Harbor Beach Hospital Foundation
- Tickets are $35 per person at the door
Winter Wonderland Weekend | Port Austin
- February 24th-26th
- Friday from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. pre-register & mixer at Pilates Revolution Studio
- 10:30 a.m. Cross-Country Ski Clinic with Pilates Revolution at the Port Crescent Park Day Use (Cost is $20)
- 3 p.m. "Stretch It Out" Mat Class at Pilates Revolution Studio
- 6 p.m. Candlelight Ski Night at Port Crescent State Park Day Use
- 9 a.m. "Stretch It Out" Mat Class at Pilates Revolution Studio
- 10:30 a.m. Group Trek to Turnip Rock - meet at Bird Creek County Park
- You can rent skis at Heins Hardware in Port Austin
- Learn more at http://pilatesrevolution.weebly.com/winter-wonderland-weekend-2017.html
- Contact Jane to register or for more information at (989) 553-6271
X-Ski Event | Port Austin
- Saturday, February 11th at Port Crescent State Park
- Ski groomed trails from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Check the weather before heading out, you will need snow to ski!
- For more information contact Betsy at email@example.com and check out Port Crescent State Park on Facebook.
Shanty Days | Caseville
- Saturday, February 17th-19th throughout Caseville
- Polar bear dip, four-wheeler races, ice fishing, live entertainment, food & beverages, craft show, tons of kid's activities and more!
- For more info contact the Caseville Chamber at (989) 856-3818
Souper Saturday | Harbor Beach
- Saturday, February 18th in downtown Harbor Beach from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Soup tasting, dessert competition, sales and specials
- To sample soups just purchase a button at the Visitor Center by the Frank Murphy Museum
- For more information contact the Harbor Beach Chamber of Commerce at (989) 479-6477
Moon Over Buffalo | Port Austin
- Friday-Sunday, Februrary 24th-26th
- Friday-Sunday, March 3rd-5th
- Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday shows begin at 2 p.m.
- Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for youth
- Call the Port Austin Community Players for reservations (989) 738-5217
Firemen's Breakfast | Port Hope
- Sunday, February 17th
- Breakfast served from 9 a.m. to 1 pm.
- Port Hope Village Clerk, 4250 N Lakeshore Rd, Port Hope
- Proceeds go to benefit the Port Hope Antique Tractor Show
German Dinner | Harbor Beach
- Sunday, February 26th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Located at the Zion Lutheran School in Harbor Beach
- All you can eat roast pork, homemade sausage, sauerkraut, potatoes, vegetables, rolls, applesauce, and dessert served family style
- For more information contact Zion Lutheran at (989) 479-3615
6th Annual Thumb Industries Camel Races | Bad Axe
- Saturday, March 4th
- Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
- Dinner served at 6 p.m. and post time starts at 7 p.m.
- Located at the Knights of Columbus, Bad Axe
- Enjoy dinner, camel races, 50/50 raffles, door prizes and BYOB
- Limited seating and tickets available ($20 / person - must be 18 or older)
- Get your tickets at the Thumb Industries Thrift Store, the main office in Bad Axe, online at thumbindustries.com/camel-races.html, or call (989) 269-9229.