Get out and enjoy a winter event or festival in Huron County! Check out the list below.
BINGO | Elkton
- Saturday, January 20th from 7 pm to 10:30 pm
- Location: Huron Youth Center - 57 N. Main Street, Elkton
- $0.25 per card game, cash payouts, coverall grand prizes, concessions, and more
- Must be 18 years old to play
- Proceeds to benefit the Elkton VFW - Post 6013 & the "Friends in the Park" projects
BINGO | Port Hope
Location: Amvets Hall - 8011 Rubicon Rd., Port Hope
Must be 18 years old to play
Shipwreck Dinner | Port Austin
- Saturday, January 27th at 6 p.m.
- Location: The Farm Restaurant
- Enjoy an illustrated presntation by artist & historian Robert McGreevy that includes a 4-course dinner replicated from the Great Lakes ships.
- Cost is $49.95 per person
- Call (989) 874-5700 for reservations
CA/N Council Roof Sit | Bad Axe
- Friday, February 2nd from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Location: McDonald's Food & Family Center
- Join us on the roof at McDonald's Food & Family Center as we raise funds to prevent child abuse and neglect in Huron County.
- Don't have a team? No problem! Volunteer your time for the event or make a finanacial contribution. Every penny helps!
- Find more information and registration forms go to www.huroncountycancouncil.org.
Rotary Winter Wine Fest | Bad Axe
- Thursday, February 8th at the Franklin Inn in Bad Axe
- Wine & Beer Tasting from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Artisian cheese, wine, and dessert
- Proceeds support community projects
- Tickets are $25 and are available at Lundy Financial Services, Smith Distributing, Thumb Cellular, Thumb National Bank, Salon 302, or contact a Rotarian. For more information call, (989) 269-8649
- Check out Rotary Club of Bad Axe on Facebook
Valentine's Dinner & Dance | Bad Axe
- Saturday, February 10th at the Ubly Fox Hunter's Club
- Catered Prime Rib Dinner served from 5 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Dancing 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Sponsored by the Harbor Beach Hospital Foundation
- Tickets are $35 per person at the door for dinner and dancing or $25 for dinner only, and $15 for dancing only
- For more information visit the Harbor Beach Community Hospital on Facebook
Winter Wonderland Weekends | Port Austin
- January 12th-14th
- February 16th-18th
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. pre-register & mixer at Pilates Revolution Studio
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. Cross-Country Ski Clinic with Pilates Revolution at the Port Crescent Park Day Use (Cost is $20/person includes lecture & hands on instruction)
- 3 p.m. "Stretch It Out" Mat Class at Pilates Revolution Studio
- 6 p.m. Candlelight Ski Night at Port Crescent State Park Day Use
- 9 a.m. "Stretch It Out" Mat Class at Pilates Revolution Studio
- 10:30 a.m. Group Expedition at Huron County Nature Center and Wilderness Arboretum
- You can rent skis at Heins Hardware in Port Austin
- Learn more at Pilates Revolution online
- Contact Jane to register or for more information at (989) 553-6271
Candle Light Ski Run | Port Austin
- Saturday, February 10th & Saturday, March 10th at Port Crescent State Park
- Ski groomed trails from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Check the weather before heading out
- Come on out and enjoy groomed, candle-lit trails as well as coffee, hot cocoa, and a campfire to follow with s'mores. This event is kid-friendly.
- For more information contact Betsy at email@example.com and check out Port Crescent State Park on Facebook.
Shanty Days | Caseville
- Saturday, February 16th-18th throughout Caseville
- Polar bear dip, four-wheeler races, ice fishing, live entertainment, food & beverages, craft show, tons of kid's activities and more!
- For more info contact the Caseville Chamber at (989) 856-3818
Souper Saturday | Harbor Beach
- Saturday, February 17th in downtown Harbor Beach from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Soup tasting, dessert competition, sales and specials
- To sample soups just purchase a button at the Visitor Center by the Frank Murphy Museum
- For more information contact the city Harbor Beach at (989) 479-6477
Bridal Show | Bad Axe
Kitchen Witches | Port Austin
- Friday-Sunday, Februrary 23rd-25th
- Friday-Sunday, March 2nd-4th
- Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday shows begin at 2 p.m.
- Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for youth
- Call the Port Austin Community Players for reservations (989) 738-5217
German Dinner | Harbor Beach
- Sunday, February 25th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Located at the Zion Lutheran School in Harbor Beach
- All you can eat roast pork, homemade sausage, sauerkraut, potatoes, vegetables, rolls, applesauce, and dessert served family style
- For more information contact Zion Lutheran at (989) 479-3615
6th Annual Thumb Industries Camel Races | Bad Axe
- Saturday, March 3rd
- Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
- Dinner served at 6 p.m. and post time starts at 7 p.m.
- Located at the Knights of Columbus, Bad Axe
- Enjoy dinner, camel races, 50/50 raffles, door prizes and BYOB
- Limited seating and tickets available ($20 / person - must be 18 or older)
- Get your tickets at the Thumb Industries Thrift Store, the main office in Bad Axe, online at thumbindustries.com/camel-races.html, or call (989) 269-9229
Children's Wellness Adventure - 6th annual | Bad Axe
- Saturday, March 3rd from 9:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m.
- Location: Evangel Life Assembly of God - New Location
- A fun-filled morning focusing on the health and well-being of pregnant women and children from birth to 12 years old.