Whether you’re a couple or just a couple of friends, make it a date in Huron County!
Most of us know Valentine’s day as a time to spend with loved ones and share tokens of love and appreciation rather than thinking about the actual person the day recognizes. The legends of St. Valentine are actually quite interesting and shrouded in mystery. You can learn more about them and the history of Valentine’s Day, here. For those of you just looking for a good time with the ones you love in Huron County, keep on.
Just in time for Valentine’s planning, we’ve provided a number of date ideas for you to make your own.
Watch the sunrise and/or sunset together
Being that Huron County is located on the tip of a peninsula, we have the unique opportunity to watch both the sunrise and sunset over the water. It's truly an experience you won't forget!
Wine & Dine
Enjoy a beverage and some Valentine's dinner specials at one of these Huron County restaurants:
- Big Boy | Bad Axe
- 2 for $25 any dinner includes free appetizer, hot fudge ice cream cake and salad bar, all weekend and valentines' day
- Rachel's Menu | Bad Axe
- Filet Mignon, Prime Rib, and Lobster Tail
- Visit Rachel's Bar & Grill on Facebook
- Shooter's Grill | Pigeon
- Prime Rib, Salmon, and more TBA
- Visit Shooter's Grill on Facebook
- The Farm Restaurant | Port Austin
- Open Fridays and Saturdays, February 10th & 11th, 17th & 18th from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Open Tuesday- Valentine's Day, February 14th from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Visit The Farm Restaurant on Facebook
- The Franklin Inn Restaurant | Bad Axe
- Valentine's buffet and specials
- Visit The Franklin Inn Motor Lodge and Restaurant on Facebook
- The Garfield Inn | Port Austin
- February Room Special: book a room for the month of February at full price and get a complementary Country Grace Gift Box valued at $30 PLUS a $10 gift certificate to use on your next stay!
- Visit The Garfield Inn on Facebook
- The Pasta House | Kinde
- Valentine's Day specials served after 4 p.m.: prime rib, lake perch, and lobster mac and cheese with full menu available as well.
- Visit the Pasta House on Facebook
- Peppermill Restaurant l Bad Axe
- 1 lb. New York Strip Steak smothered in mushrooms & Monterey Jack Cheese $17.50 or Delicious Lake Perch - $15.99. Both come with your choice of side & soup and salad bar, with loveable sheet cake served for dessert.
- Visit the Peppermill Restaurant on Facebook
- Peking City l Sebewaing
- Dufty's Blue Water Inn l Caseville
- T-Bone Steak & Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp-$21.95; Full or half slab of ribs - $21.95/$15.95; Grilled bourbon chicken breast - $13.95; Three Cheese Lasagna-$10.95; and Lightly battered deep fried perch-$17.95. Entrees include choice of potato (baked, french baked, or fresh cut french fries), roll and salad bar.
- Visit Dufty's Blue Water Inn on Facebook
Go Ice skating together
Ice skating is fun whether it's just you and your sweetie or a big group! Check out where you can go ice skating in Huron County, below.
Huron County Ice Arena | Bad Axe
Open Skating: Friday 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. & Saturday and Sunday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission $4 / Skate Rental $1
Bad Axe City Ice Rink
- Located behind City Park on Hanselman Street
Go Ice fishing together
When love requires a lure, go ice fishing and celebrate Valentine's day. Read more about fishing in Huron County, here.
Bust a move with your favorites for a good cause. Check out the 14th Annual Valentine's Day Dinner & Dance on Saturday, February 11th. The event is not only a fun evening out, it helps raise funds for the Harbor Beach Hospital Foundation. See the event flyer, here.
Watch a movie at a local theater
There are some greatly anticipated films coming to Huron County this month. One includes a racy, romantic drama, Fifty Shades Darker, the second installment in the Fifty Shades trilogy, and another includes a romantic musical comedy, La La Land starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone. Check with the local theaters listed below for showtimes.
Light a fire
If you're lucky enough to have a fireplace or have a friend with a fire pit, why not light a fire? There's really no better time or reason than Valentine's to enjoy the warm glow of a real fire. Just make sure you've inspected your fireplace prior to lighting, and know when it had last been cleaned and inspected by a professional. Click here for more fireplace maintenance and safety tips and here for Chimney Sweeps in Huron County.
Buy your sweetie some flowers or have them delivered
Surprise your sweetie with some special flowers on Valentine's Day. Not sure what you should buy? No problem, Discover the Meaning Behind 10 Popular Valentine's Day Flowers, then call a florist in Huron County and schedule your sweetie a delivery, today!
Pick up a nice bottle of wine or other spirit to share
Wine & Spirits in Huron County
- Bad Axe
- Harbor Beach
- Port Austin
- Port Hope