Fall is here so bring on the fun! Huron County has much to offer for fall activities and events. Check it out!
Fall is a welcomed change here in Huron County. We are thankful for winding roads and rolling fields rich with autumn color, and we look forward to celebrating this harvest time together. Here is a list of fall activities and events going on in Huron County to help you and your family enjoy all this fall season has to offer.
Apples & Pumpkin Picking
Janik's Orchard | Bad Axe
- For apples, pumpkins, and other fall fare, check out Janik's Orchard just west of Bad Axe on M-53
- You can buy fresh apples, cider, and donuts in addition to picking your own pumpkins from their pumpkin patch!
- Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Find out more on the Janik's Orchard Facebook page
Halloween Camp Weekend | North Park Campground, Harbor Beach
- September 30th - October 2nd AND October 7th - 9th
- Activities are free and open to the public, including trick-or-treating, pumpkin decorating, and much more!
- Click here for a schedule of activities
Harvest Festival Weekend Camping | Sleeper State Park, Caseville
September 30th - October 2nd AND October 7th - 9th
Free hay rides are open to the public from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday
Campers at Sleeper State Park are invited to join in on the Halloween fun with a variety of haunted activities for all ages.
For more details, contact the park at 989-856-4411.
Corn Maze & Pumpkin Bowling | Green Acre Landscaping, Bad Axe
- Enjoy a corn maze, mini maze for the kiddos, pumpkin bowling, and other outdoor activities at Green Acre Landscaping in Bad Axe
- Saturdays from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visit the Green Acre Landscaping Facebook page for more information
Fall Farmers Markets
Harbor Beach Farmers Market
- Fridays 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. through October 7th
Port Austin Farmers Market
- Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. through October 15th
Huron County Nature Center | Port Austin
- The Nature Center hiking trails are free and open year round
- What better way to enjoy the beautiful autumn colors then by going for a nice hike!
- Click here for directions
- Bad Axe - October 31st from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Bay Port - TBA
- Caseville - TBA
- Harbor Beach - October 31st from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Elkton - TBA
- Pigeon - TBA
- Port Austin - October 31st from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sebewaing - TBA
- Ubly - October 31st from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Other Trick-or-Treating Opportunities
- Trunk-or-Treat | United Protestant Church, Port Austin
- Monday, October 31st at 5 p.m.
- Bring the kiddos and enjoy candy and ice cream!
- Trunk-or-Treat | Pigeon Municipal Parking Lot
- Monday, October 31st from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Located in the parking lot by the farmers market building and museum
- Winsor Township Fire Department will be serving hot dogs
Zombie Paintball & Golf | Caseville Golf Course
- Oct 1st, 7th & 8th, 14th & 15th, 21st & 22nd, Oct 28th & 29th
- Ride on a specialized response vehicle armed with paintball guns while shooting live zombies as you are guided through a dark trail.
- Zombie Paintball Response Team
- The Golfing Dead
- Have your shot at saving Caseville Golf Course from the zombie invasion!
- Check out the Caseville Golf Course website or call 989-856-2613 or for more information
Moonlight Madness Event | Sebewaing
- Thursday, October 6th from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Throughout the entire village of Sebewaing enjoy special events, deals, specials, and fundraisers!
- NEW EVENT - RiverFire on the river downtown with live music from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- See the Moonlight Madness event on Facebook for more details
Fall Family Event, Fall Scrapbook & Quilters Retreats | Bay Shore Camp, Sebewaing
Fall Family Event - October 7th - 8th
- Free for everyone! Free activities, food, camping, and more!
- Click here for a full list of events and activities
Fall Scrapbook Retreat - October 14th - 16th
- Registration for the Fall Scrapbook Retreat is required
- Click here for the retreat brochure
Fall Quilters Retreat - October 28th - 30th
- Registration for the Fall Quilters Retreat is required
- Click here for the retreat brochure
Fall Musical | Port Austin Community Players, Port Austin
- The Addams Family - October 21st, 22nd, and 23rd AND 28th, 29th, and 30th
- Friday and Saturday plays start at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday matinees start at 2 p.m.
- Visit the Port Austin Community Players on Facebook for updates and information about the play.
Adult Scavenger Hunt | Pigeon
- Saturday October 29th
- Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. at the Pigeon Inn at 66 S. Main Street in Pigeon
- Teams of 4-6 people age 21 or older
- Cost is $20 per team
- Each team must provide their own vehicle
- Sign up in person or online, here.
48th Annual Holly Berry Fair | Caseville
- November 5th at the Caseville Public School and the Roller-Rink in Caseville from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kick off your Christmas shopping with more than 100 exhibitors, whose displays will include hand-crafted items like jewelry, crafts, dolls, paintings, quilts, wreaths, wooden items and gift baskets. There will also be raffles and bake goods.