There are a number of fun activities and events going on this fall in Huron County. For more information see our list below and mark your calendars!
Apple & Pumpkin Picking
- For apples, pumpkins, and other fall fares, check out Janik's Orchard just west of Bad Axe on M-53
- You can buy fresh apples, cider, and donuts in addition to picking your own pumpkins from their pumpkin patch!
- Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Find out more on the Janik's Orchard Facebook page
Halloween Camping Weekend
- Date: September 29th-October 1st AND October 6th-8th
- Location: North Park Campground, Harbor Beach
- Fun, freaky weekend full of activities and trick-or-treating
- Call (989) 479-9554 for more information or to make reservations
Harvest Festival Weekend Camping
- Date: October 6th-8th & October 13th-15th
- Location: Sleeper State Park, Caseville
- Enjoy some fall family fun with Halloween costumes, decorations, and trick-or-treating. There will also be fun crafts, pumpkin chunkin’, campsite decorating contests and more.
- The event is for campers only
- For more information or to make reservations call (989) 856-4411
Corn Maze - Green Acre Landscaping
- Find your way through a corn maze at Green Acre Landscaping in Bad Axe and enjoy lots of other activities including games for kids and a bounce house. You can also schedule a group to trek through the corn maze during the week.
- Saturdays from 1 pm to 8 pm and Sundays 12 pm to 5 pm
- Visit the Green Acre Landscaping Facebook page for more information
Haunted Corn Maze - Kohl Farms
- Location: Kohl Farms, 3062 Hobart Road, Gagetown, MI 48735
- Find your way through the 8 acre haunted maze every Saturday through October from 6 pm to 10 pm
- $10 / person, 16 & under must be accompanied by an adult
- For more information visit Kohl Farms on Facebook or online at kohlfarms.com
Fall Farmers Markets
Harbor Beach Farmers Market
- Every Friday through October 6th at the Murphy Museum Lawn from 2 pm to 7 pm
- Visit harborbeach.com for more information
Pigeon Farmers Market
- Every Friday through October from 9 am to 4 pm
- Visit the Pigeon Farmers Market online for more information.
Port Austin Farmers Market
- Every Saturday through October 14th from 9 am to 1 pm
- Visit the Port Austin Farmers Market online for more information
12th Annual Kinde Polka Festival
- Date: September 15th-17th
- Location: At the corner of Main Street & Farners Lane
- This year’s Kinde Polka Fest will be celebrated at the newly constructed “Friends of Kinde Palace” in downtown Kinde. Enjoy tons of live music and dancing, in addition to polish fare and a 5K Walk/Run.
- Friday: Country & Rock Night
- Saturday & Sunday: Polka Music
- For more information, visit the Kinde Polka Fest website and Kinde Polka Fest Facebook page.
21st Annual Harvest Festival & Chili Cook Off
- Date: Saturday, September 16th
- Location: Downtown Harbor Beach
- Harvest Fine Arts Fair on the Frank Murphy Museum lawn, Chili Cook-Off from 11 am to 3 pm, pie & dessert contest at 10 am, WLEW car giveaway at 1 pm
- Visit the Harbor Beach Chamber of Commerce website for more information
Detroit Up North in Port Austin
- Date: Friday, September 15th - Sunday, September 17th
- Location: Throughout Port Austin
- The 6th Annual Detroit Up North weekend celebration focuses on connecting Detroiters to the beauty of Michigan’s Great Lakes and natural resources. The weekend features euchre tournaments, local chefs, vendors at the Port Austin Farmers Market, musicians, and artists making the trek 2 hours north.
- For more information visit Detroit Up North on Facebook
Girls Getaway Weekend in Port Austin
- Date: September 22nd - 24th
- Enjoy a weekend getaway full of fun, fashion, and food with special promotions from your favorite shops and restaurants, special room rates, raffles, fashion shows and live entertainment.
- For more information visit the Port Austin Chamber of Commerce website and Facebook page.
Huron County Free Museum Weekend
- Date: September 23rd-24th
- Location: Museums and locations throughout Huron County
- Huron County History Crawl - Pointe Aux Barques Lighthouse - Saturday, September 23rd
- Click here for the 2017 Huron County Free Museum Weekend Event PDF
Caseville Pumpkin Festival
- Date: September 30th - October 1st
Zombie Paintball Safari
- Date: Saturday, September 23rd & 30th, and October 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th from 7 pm to 1 am
- Location: Caseville Golf Course
- Ride on covered specialized response vehicles armed with paintball guns while shooting real zombies as you’re guided through a dark trail.
- Call (989) 856-2613 to set up your reservation
- Visit Caseville Golf Course online for more information
Adult Scavenger Hunt - Pigeon
- Date: TBA - September
- Visit the Pigeon Chamber of Commerce on Facebook
Fall Harvest Celebration
- Date: October 6th
- Location: Pigeon
- There will also be a bake sale and free bean soup
Moonlight Madness & River Fire Event
- Date: Thursday, October 5th
- Location: Throughout Sebewaing
- Throughout the entire village of Sebewaing enjoy special events, deals, specials, and fundraisers!
- You will also enjoy a River Fire on the river downtown with live music from 6 pm to 10 pm
- For more information visit the Sebewaing Chamber of Commerce on Facebook
Fall Family Fun Days
- Date: October 5th-7th
- Location: Bay Shore Camp. Sebewaing
- Free for everyone! Free activities, food, camping, and more!
- Click here for a full list of events and activities
Fall Foliage and Family Fun
- Date: Saturday, October 14th
- Location: Huron County Nature Center
- Why drive north for fall leaves when the most stunning colors can be found right here in the Thumb at the new Fall Foliage and Family Fun event at the Huron County Nature Center.
- Enjoy cider, donuts, and pumpkins and wander the beautiful trails full of autumn color.
- For more information visit the Huron County Nature Center’s website or Facebook page.
Art Party - Witchy Halloween
- Date: October 23rd at 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Location: TurnerArts Studio & Gallery
- The art class is $30, and includes everything you'll need to make your own 16x20 masterpiece, "Witchy Halloween"!
- Tickets can be purchased online, here
- For more information check out the Art Party- Witchy Halloween event on Facebook
Murder Mystery - Woman's Life Chapter 813
A Cereal Killer Among Us
- Date: October 28th at 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Good Shephard Parish Hall
- Join us for a night of friends, fun, and MURDER!!!!! Will you be able to figure out who is the cereal killer?
- Mystery theater is provided by Woman's Life 813, Ubly. Proceeds to benefit the Ubly Little League.
- $20 per ticket for the mystery and SNACKS. You can bring your own beverages. Play is intended for adults 18 and older.
- Bring a food pantry item to receive an extra clue. Dress up in costume to receive an extra clue. Special prizes for dressing as woodland creature or cereal theme.
- Doors open at 6:30 and mystery begins promptly at 7 p.m.
- For TICKETS, call MaryBeth at (989) 315-1096 or Anesa at (989) 551-2075.
Murder at the Juice Joint - Bad Axe Area District Library
- Date: October 28th from 7 pm to 9 pm
- Location: Bad Axe Area District Library
- With the passage of prohibition and organized crime on the rise, The Juice Joint -- a swanky speakeasy -- is planning a party to remember and YOU ARE INVITED! However, one of the names on the guest list is also on another's hit list.
- $30 per person includes dinner and mystery party
- Payment must be received at the time of registration
- Registration Deadline: October 9
- After Registration, participants will receive a "character identity" -- dress the part! -- and a Gangster Gazette, giving background info on the other guests. Enjoy a great dinner and solve a murder!
- For more information visit the Bad Axe Area District Library on Facebook
Spirits & Spirits Costume Ball
- Date: Saturday, October 28th from 6 pm to 12 am
- Location: Ubly Fox Hunter’s Club
- The Spirits & Spirits event is Thumb Industries second annual fall fundraising event that includes a night of Halloween fun just for adults! Get dressed up and enjoy of night of fun with friends.
- Doors open at 5:30pm, catered dinner served at 6pm. Enjoy music and dancing courtesy of DJ, David LeMaster, a fortune telling/tarot card reading booth, photo booths, horror movie trivia, 50/50 raffles, and prizes awarded throughout the night for costumes, trivia and more. Bring your own "spirits", BYOB!
- Tickets are $25/person and will be available at Thumb Industries Thrift Store and at our Main Facility, 1263 Sand Beach Rd., Bad Axe, MI 48413 beginning Sept 5th.
- For more information check out the Spirits & Spirits Costume Ball event on Facebook
Groovy 70's Theme/Retro Scavenger Hunt
- Date: Saturday, October 28th at 4:30 pm
- Location: Pigeon Hotel
- Cost is $20 per team and $5 for each team member after 6 people, must be 21 years or older
- For more information check out the Pigeon Chamber of Commerce online
Fall Musical - Port Austin Community Players
- Clue The Musical
- Dates: November 3rd-5th and 10th-12th
- Friday & Saturday shows are at 7:30 pm and Sunday shows are at 2 pm
- Based on the board game Clue, watch and listen as the cast discovers and solves a murder at the mansion. The ending is determined by cards drawn by the audience.
- For more information visit the Port Austin Community Players on Facebook
49th Holly Berry Fair
- Date: Saturday, November 4th from 9 am to 4 pm
- Location: Caseville Public School and the Roller-Rink in Caseville
- Kick off your Christmas shopping with more than 100 exhibitors, whose displays will include hand-crafted items like jewelry, crafts, dolls, paintings, quilts, wreaths, wooden items and gift baskets. There will also be raffles and bake goods.
- Bad Axe - Tuesday, October 31st from 5:30-7:00 pm
- Caseville - Tuesday, October 31st from 5:00-7:00 pm
- Elkton - TBA
- Harbor Beach - Tuesday, October 31st from 5:00-6:30 pm
- Kinde - TBA
- Pigeon - TBA
- Port Austin - Tuesday, October 31st from 5:30-7:00 pm
- Port Hope - TBA
- Sebewaing - Tuesday, October 31st from 5:00-7:00 pm
- Ubly - TBA